ezVault stores your data in securely encrypted files (vaults). The startup screen allows you to select one of your vaults, or a text file to import from the public storage (or SD card) on your device.
* The top half of the screen is the ezVault storage. It will be empty when you first start ezVault. Vault files will show up here once you create a new empty vault or import from a text file.
* The bottom half of the screen is for public storage. Public is the main folder and files you see on your PC when you have attached your device via a USB cable. ezVault will look for a folder named Documents in your public storage. If you don't have a Documents folder, it will go to the main folder and you will see several folders in this part of your screen. Note that you can navigate around the public storage folders to find your files.
Vaults are organized by entries (similar to contacts). When you open a vault, you will see the list of entries in the vault. Entries contain items with specific data, like phone numbers, login info, etc. Each item will have a type assigned to it, with the contents and associated app being specific to the item type.
* Click on the +/- to the left of an entry to expand/collapse the list of items for the entry.
* Click once to select an item. This will open a file, or expand/collapse an entry. Clicking the icon for an item (e.g., the phone icon) will launch the appropriate app for that item type, using the data from the item.
* Long-click on a field to edit it.
* Use menu options for saving/deleting/exporting files, creating entries or items, etc.
* You may create an empty vault from the menu (New Encrypted File) or by importing data from a text file in a public folder. ezVault can read .csv and .tsv (comma or tab separated values).
- The web site gives detailed directions for creating a text file and provides sample files: http://www.coloradocodeworks.com/ez-vault.html
* When you open a vault, you will see a list of entries consisting of a name and category.
* Press on the plus sign by the entry to expand the list of items for that entry.
* Press on the minus sign to collapse the entry.
* Entries are similar to “contacts” in your phone directory.
* Items contain data for the entry, such as phone numbers, email addresses, addresses, web addresses, system login info and notes.
* An entry may contain any number of items.
* An entry may have any number of each type of item, e.g., phone number, login user and password, etc.
* Click on the icon on the left of the item to launch the appropriate app:
- Phone: Dialer or SMS (Text) app
- Email: email app
- Address: map or web browser app
- Web address: web browser app
- Notes, Login: no application – info only
* If you edit a file, you will be prompted to save it when you close, unless you have saved your changes manually using the menu option.